109th Internet Based FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar (Chess South Africa)
Add to Calendar
March 7, 2022 all-day
Mfundo Masiya (Acting Secretary)
+27 62 655 5299
The 109th Internet-based FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar is going to be organized from 04/03/2022 to 13/03/2022 by the Chess South Africa, under the auspices of FIDE.
The Lecturer will be IA van den Bergh, Gunther (RSA), FIDE Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer will be IA Du Toit, Hendrik Petrus (RSA).
The language of the Seminar will be English.
The Seminar will give norms and titles of FIDE Arbiter, according to the Regulations for the titles of Arbiters.
Friday 4 March
- 19:00: Introduction
- 19:10: Tiebreak systems
- 19:40: Round-Robin pairings
- 20:00: Swiss pairings + software
- 20:55: Short recap of the session
Saturday 5 March
- 10:00: Prize distribution (Hort)
- 10:20: Player title and norm regulations
- 11:30: Rating regulations
- 12:00: Break
- 12:10: Rating regulations
- 12:45: Arbiter title/norm regulations
- 13:30: Role of the arbiter
- 19:00: Anti-cheating (fairplay) regulations
- 19:30: Hybrid chess
- 20:00: Online chess, fairplay regulations, etc.
Sunday 6 March
- 10:00: Competition regulations, equipment, etc.
- 11:00: Laws of Chess
- 12:00: Break
- 12:10: Laws of Chess
Friday 11 March
- 19:00: Laws of Chess
Saturday 12 March
- Whole session: Laws of Chess
Sunday 13 March
- 10:00: Laws of Chess
- 11:00: Recap of everything, what to expect from exam, etc.
Extra Q&A: These sessions are not compulsory to attend and is there for candidates to ask anything that was discussed during the seminar.
Tuesday 15 March: 19:00-21:00
Thursday 17 March: 19:00-21:00