A FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar is going to be organised from 9/12/2022 to 11/12/2022 in Dublin, by the Irish Chess Federation, under the auspices of FIDE.
The venue of the Seminar will be the Colaiste Eanna, Ballyboden, Co. Dublin, Ireland,
The Lecturer will be IA/IO McFarlane, Alex H (SCO), FIDE Lecturer .
The language of the Seminar will be English.
The Seminar will give norms and titles of FIDE Arbiter, according to the Regulations for the titles of Arbiters.
Friday 7-10 pm, Saturday 9 am – 5 pm, Sunday 9 am – 5 pm
- a) Laws of Chess (5hrs)
- b) Use of electronic clocks (1hr)
- c) System of games, tie breaks (1.5hr)
- d) Swiss system and pairing rules (2hr)
- e) Anti‐cheating guidelines for Arbiters (1hr)
- f) Regulations for the titles of Arbiters (0.5 hr
- g) FIDE Competition Rules and standards of chess equipment (1hr)
- h) Rating and over‐the‐board titles (2hr)
- i) Q & A Session
+ Exam (4 hrs)